Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello Dropbox!!!

I am all about finding anything that can help simplify the crazy world of education (and life)! Dropbox does just that! How would you like to be able to create a document on your computer and yet access it on your tablet or smartphone? What about downloading a document, video, picture, pretty much anything, to your tablet and being able to print it from your computer? Dropbox is the answer to all of this, plus more! I have spent many frantic minutes (that often feel like hours) searching for my lost jumpdrive with all of my important things on it... however since converting to Dropbox I can save and open without the fear of losing my precious, tiny jumpdrive. Not only can I use Dropbox, but so can my students. Students can easily save to a Dropbox account when working on documents or certain creation apps on the iPad. Now, when students work on a project in the computer lab and do not finish, instead of trying to save to the network or a jumpdrive, we can easily save to Dropbox and they can complete the assignment in the classroom or even at home. This also allows me to check over and grade their work on my own computer, at my convenience. Dropbox does have a storage limit for the free version, so take that in to account as you plan student use of it. For more information about Dropbox, see the video below. If you use Dropbox either for personal, professional, or classroom use I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment